Rosemary Yeboah: Biography
Rosemary Yeboah is the Executive Director & Group Head Corporate Banking of Ecobank Ghana
Rosemary Yeboah is a Banker with over 21 years banking experience working with International Banks in the United Kingdom, Ghana and Southern Africa, including Standard Chartered Bank and Credit Suisse First Boston, and has been with the Ecobank Group since 2008. She has held various positions within the Ecobank Group including Group Head, Multinational & Regional Corporates, with responsibility for managing the Networked Corporate Clients within the Bank, and Regional Head, Corporate Banking, EAC. She also holds additional responsibility as Group Head, Corporate Banking, covering the Ecobank Group of Corporate Clients. She holds a BA (Hons) in Economics from the University of Kent, Canterbury, UK and an MA Economics from the Université de Grenoble, France.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Laureate University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
• Licence – Science Economiques - Université de Grenoble, France
• BA – Economics – 2:1 - University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
• International Baccalaureate - United World College of the Atlantic, Wales, UK
• GCE “0” Levels - Mfantsiman Girls Secondary School
• Ecobank Transnational Inc - Group Head, Corporate Banking & Executive Director, Corporate Banking (January 2008 - Now)
• Standard Chartered Bank – Ghana & Botswana - Executive Director, Client Relationships & Co (1999 – December 2007)
• Standard Chartered Bank – Head, Wholesale Bank Interim CEO (December 2006 to June 2007)
• Moscow Narodny Bank, London, UK - Senior Relationship Manager, Central Europe (1998 - 1999)
• Credit Suisse First Boston, London, UK - Relationship Manager, Multinational Corporates (1993 - 1998)
• Meespierson, London, UK - Credit Analyst (1989 - 1993)
• Bank of Credit & Commerce International, London, UK - Management Trainee (1986 - 1989)
Achievements - Accomplishments and Skills
• As Group Head Corporate Banking, the responsibility covers all 30 Countries managing the Corporate Banking Business reporting directly to the Group Executive Director of Corporate Banking. The role encompasses managing the Global & Regional networked names matched with Global Account Managers, growing revenues across all Product Lines of Lending, Cash, Trade, and with our Capital arm, Treasury and Investment Banking. It involves creating, managing, implementing and executing strategic business direction for the Corporate Business across the group, as well as direct responsibility for Budget delivery and revenue growth. Within the role, as Head of Corporate Bank in Ghana is also to position Ecobank Ghana’s Corporate Business for growth providing strong direction placing the Corporate Banking business ahead of the market.
• As Executive Director, the responsibility covers Corporate Banking managing a team of 34 people, managing a network covering 3 Countries. Additional responsibilities include managing the WAMZ (West Africa Monetary Zone Countries) as Cluster Head, Corporate Banking.
• At Ecobank, set up the Multinational Regional Corporates unit, with clear focus on the target market, & full responsibility for creating and establishing a Group Account Management (GAM) model. Particular emphasis is on management of networked names both at parent and subsidiary level, establishing a cross sell model with product partners – Treasury, Transaction & Investment Banking.
• At Ecobank managed the Business integration of Acquisition of a Bank into Ecobank in 2011/12.
• As Group Head responsible for Wholesale Bank relationships, the key accomplishment has been the creation of a Corporate Networked structure across over 27 countries. A centralized account management process has been established with strong relationships at senior level for parents of networked Multinational & Regional corporates, with a clear sales process in place maximizing revenues across all products from networked names. Also created is a sound team experience, strong in deal originations, handling execution of transactions across the network, winning mandates, structuring and managing transactions from the centre, with a view to optimizing revenue across the group. Product cross sell has been key with her skills in corporate treasury, transaction banking and investment banking as key areas matched and tailored to networked corporates.
• Over 16 years Banker experience analyzing, managing and structuring product and Credit Risk of wholesale banking Corporate relationships. Structuring also included project finance expertise for Oil and Gas development projects, using project specific evaluation models. Cross selling commercial products including structured lending, cash management, trade finance, fx sales, derivatives – options & ccy swaps, syndications, structured finance, fixed income bonds and corporate advisory.
• At Standard Chartered - Managing and mentoring teams of 35/40 people including senior manager direct reports spanning specialized units within the team with emphasis on sales, credit & risk management, managed under clear performance management structures. Included recruiting/managing talent building strong results - oriented team.
• Re-orienting the business including restructuring the team, building a successful creative sales model and strategy with strong MIS backing; engaging the team to drive through aspirational targets, backed by implementation of robust risk management monitoring and controls process, and as co – head Wholesale Bank, driving sound cross sell strategy across product matrices.
• As Managing Director – Standard Chartered – Exposure included direct relationships with Central Bank Governors in Ghana & Botswana : Senior Central Bankers, Banking Supervision, Ministers of Finance and Chamber of Commerce relationships. Network relationships include CEO’s of Global Multinational Corporates and Financial Institutions.
• Appointed Executive Director on Standard Chartered Board of Directors, in June 2006. In December 2006, appointed Interim CEO in a transition period when a substantive CEO was in relocation to the Bank. Double roled with Exec Director position liaising with the Central Bank, FSA, world Bank, driving Country strategy & liaising with Group directors of the Bank from a strategic/risk point of view. Tremendous experience gained including sitting on the Board audit committee, and relating to the Chairman of the bank and other senior Government officials, in addition to overseeing a Manco team.
• Pioneered and launched new products including structured off balance sheet financing for Multinational & Local Corporates (special purpose financing) and other tailor made products to facilitate trade finance structures. Focus has been on a visionary approach structuring products in line with market and sector growth.
• Key accomplishments have been revitalizing businesses fit for growth and repositioning with clear deliverables for visionary growth, based on focused strategy coupled with successful talent building. This has spanned sales, product development and risk management.