Marcopolis presents the Bahrain Report focused on the investments, doing business, economy and other topics featuring interviews with key executives and government officials. The sectors under review are industry, telecom, banking sector, ICT, investments and more.
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com
After admitting that they made mistakes by using excessive power to disperse the protests in 2011, the government of Bahrain invited a Bassiouni commission to submit their report of the events and come up with recommendations. Sameera Rajab, Minister of State for Information and Head of IAA Bahrain, discusses these recommendations and their effects on the Ministry of Information.
Rajab explains: "Bassiouni's team arrived to Bahrain based on our wish and agreement. It is the first time in our history that the King asks a neutral party to enter the country and evaluate what is really going on. Bahrain accepted the report issued by Prof. Bassiouni, and we pledged to implement all the recommendations mentioned within that report. Over 80% of those recommendations have already been implemented while the remaining 20% which is to be implemented through the coming legislations including the ones related to media."